GROWTH & FLEXIBILITY
Wherever you want to go, we'll help you get there. Our culture is one in which growth is both cultivated and celebrated. We tailor career development strategies to your goals, so you get both the support and the skills you need to succeed.
TOP 10 REASONS TO WORK FOR PRAXIS
EVERYTHING AND THE KITCHEN SINK
Great people deserve even better benefits, from comprehensive healthcare coverage and generous leave time to free fuel, a.k.a. all the snacks and drinks you want from our fully stocked kitchens.
YOU CAN NEVER WORK TOO HARD, ONLY TOO MUCH
You are not just a job title. That's why we tip the work-life balance scale in your favor.
IT'S NOT ABOUT BEING BILLABLE, IT'S ABOUT BEING VALUABLE
Whether you're working onsite or in our offices, your role at Praxis is just as critical to our success as your coworker's.
INNOVATION = NO LIMITATION
We're constantly researching and implementing the latest technology so you've always got the right tools at your disposal.
FEEL THE LOVE
As we've evolved, we've retained that small company feel. When we say we have an open door policy, we actually mean it.
GIVE PAUSE TO A CAUSE
Praxis is comprised of wonderfully generous folks. We believe in supporting the causes our employees care about. Bring us an opportunity to help and we'll listen.
NO ONE IS AN ISLAND
Teamwork got us where we are today. Our collaborative environment allows you to maximize your true potential.
The work we do is exciting, critical stuff. No matter your role at Praxis, you're helping us keep the nation safe and secure.
We have a history of great achievement and, with each year, our company gets even bigger and better. As we grow, so does the opportunity for our employees.
We host a variety of fun employee and family events throughout the year to say thanks for all that you do to make Praxis a technology leader as well as a phenomenal place to work.
UNITED HEALTH CARE GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE
- Three plan options: HSA, HMO, POS through UnitedHealthcare's Choice or Choice Plus networks
- Nationwide coverage and a 24/7 Nurse Hotline
- Telephone or video doctor consults 24/7
- Wellness rewards program
UNITED HEALTHCARE DENTAL INSURANCE
- Two plan options: PPO Standard and PPO Buy Up through UnitedHealthcare
VSP VISION INSURANCE
- Very low cost for employee-level coverage
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA) WITH MASTERCARD
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Limited Purpose Medical Flexible Spending Account available
GROUP TERM LIFE INSURANCE/AD&D/SHORT & LONG-TERM DISABILITY
- Praxis fully covers Life Insurance and AD&D at 2x your annual salary, up to $350K
- Praxis fully covers short & long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for you and your dependents is available at an additional cost
- Voluntary supplemental benefit offerings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
- Praxis encourages participation in training, conferences & seminars
- Educational reimbursement for degree-based programs up to $9,000/year
- Professional memberships, books & journals up to $250/year
- 4 weeks leave (15 days vacation, 5 days personal)
- 10 paid holidays
- Praxis also offers a generous flex-time program
- Employer profit sharing contribution (traditionally 7%)
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) options available
- Managed by Empower Retirement
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUSES
- Praxis believes in generously rewarding excellence
- VPI Pet Insurance
- Enterprise Car Rentals
- Land's End logo wear
- Underarmour clothing
- Tower Federal Credit Union Membership
- Motivano discount service
- Many, many more discounts available
- Discount movie tickets
- Kennedy Center
- Baltimore Ravens
- Washington Redskins
- Baltimore Orioles
- Washington Nationals
- Theme park discounts
- Plum benefits
- Social Awareness Team arranges fundraisers, communicates and encourages employee involvement
- "All Hands" meetings
- Monthly newsletters
- Parties, Team Building, Family Social Events
- Free snacks & drinks
- Bagel Fridays
Diversity is a value our entire organization embraces. We respect those qualities that make each person unique.
By bringing together many different individuals with their own perspectives and talents, we become united in fueling greater ideas and innovations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Praxis Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We strive to attract and retain the best of the best regardless of their sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other characteristic unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance.
OUR DIVERSITY POLICY
We encourage and support all equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Employment decisions are based on an individual's knowledge, skills, abilities, job performance, and other qualifications. Praxis Engineering maintains policies designed to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have offices.
EVENTS AND SOCIAL AWARENESS
Throughout the year, Praxis sponsors many employee and family events including:
- Annual Spring Fling
- Annual Holiday Party
- Annual Company Picnic
- Ravens Football Tickets
- Orioles Baseball Tickets
- Redskins Football Tickets
- Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Nationals Baseball Tickets
- Hippodrome and Kennedy Center Tickets
In 2017, we supported over 30 great causes and charities including:
- AFCEA CMD Race for Excellence 5K
- Baltimore Station Dinners
- Below the Belt Stride and Thrive 5K and Fun Run
- Blossoms of Hope
- Bosom Buddies Ball
- CIA Officers Memorial Foundation
- Folds of Honor Foundation
- Fort Meade Alliance
- Girls on the Run
- HART Pups N Pints Fundraiser
- Horizons 4H Robotics Team
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America - Hope Walk
- Jason Beach Foundation
- Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis
- Mentor Foundation
- Movember Foundation
- MS Walk
- Operation Homefront
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Relay for Life
- RISE for Autism
- Sarah’s House Donation Drives
- Special Officers Warrior Foundation
- The Baltimore Station
- The Priceless Gown Project
- The Rotary Club of Catonsville
- Tysons for Puerto Rico
- Voices for Children
- Walk the Walk School Supply Drive
- World War II Foundation
- Wreathes Across America
- YMCA Turkey Trot